As many English teachers, you most probably have studied psychology in some way or another, and there is no need to say how important it is. However, teachers usually have surface knowledge about mental processes, psychological effects and their role in language learning.
In this webinar, we will go a bit deeper: we will look at the basic theories of attention and motivation, and their influence on learning English as a foreign language. You will find out about:
- Types of attention;
- How attention is connected with other mental processes;
- Whether attention is inborn or acquired, and why it matters;
- What inattentional blindness is; what perceptual errors it causes, and whether they can be overcome;
- What mechanisms and errors of attention interfere with languages learning.
The webinar will also deal with motivation. We will talk about:
- Types of motivation;
- Classical theories of motivation;
- “Motivational problems”;
- Techniques of developing and boosting motivation.
The webinar will include both theory and practical tips to use in your EFL teaching.
The webinar will be held on 20, August at 12:00 a.m.
Participation costs 700 rub. If you register before 5, August, you pay 500 rub.